Welcome to The Working Bank®
CANADIAN WESTERN BANK (CWB) is the largest publicly traded Canadian bank headquartered in Western Canada. We offer all the services you would expect, like business banking, personal banking and the opportunity to invest for your future.
But it's our shared perspective and focus on people that really set us apart. We believe long-term financial success is rooted in hard work. Our common sense approach and commitment to build strong banking relationships help us create and offer solutions to meet the unique needs of each client.
Get to know us through our web site, or contact us directly to see how we can help with your financial services needs. You can view some testimonials about what our clients have to say about us on The Working Bank® website.
CWB is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation.
CWB and its operating companies/divisions collectively offer services in the areas of banking, trust, insurance and wealth management, and are together known as Canadian Western Bank Group (CWB Group). Visit www.cwbankgroup.com for additional information.
Note: *Please ensure you log in to the version of CWBdirect that you have signed up for. If your log in fails, please try the other one.
- June 6, 2013 - CWB Group donates $100,000 to children's hospitals in celebration of its 100th consecutive profitable quarter
- June 6, 2013 - CWB celebrates 100 consecutive profitable quarters
- May 21, 2013 - CWB finalizes its investment in McLean & Partners Wealth Management Ltd.
- May 1, 2013 - Change to Personal and Business Banking Charges effective July 1, 2013
- April 23, 2013 - CWB to invest in wealth management firm, McLean & Partners
- March 27, 2013 - CWB President and Chief Executive Officer, Chris Fowler, speaks at the National Bank Financial Services Conference (webcast event: 11:15 a.m. ET on March 27)
- March 7, 2013 - CWB reports strong financial performance as total assets surpass $17 billion
- March 7, 2013 - CWB appoints Chris Fowler as President and Chief Executive Officer
- March 7, 2013 - CWB announces election of directors
- January 10, 2013 - Canadian Western Bank invests in financial literacy of Manitoba's youth
- January 8, 2013 - Canadian Western Bank President and Chief Operating Officer, Chris Fowler, speaks at the RBC Canadian Bank CEO Conference (webcast event)
- December 12, 2012 - Canadian Western Bank donates more than $1 million to children’s charities through The Greater Interest GIC®
- November 8, 2012 - CWB opens second full-service banking location in Winnipeg
- November 1, 2012 - Canadian Western Bank announces investment in Saskatchewan's youth on first day of Financial Literacy Month
- September 4, 2012 - Canadian Western Bank launches The Greater Interest GIC campaign to support Big Brothers Big Sisters for the fifth consecutive year
Notice: Readerís Digest Sweepstakes ScamCanadian Western Bank has been notified that its name and address have been used in a fraudulent contest. Residents in Eastern Canada have received letters indicating that they have won a sum of money via the Readerís Digest Sweepstakes and are asked to call a US phone number to claim their prize. These letters are fraudulent and the cheque included with the letter is not valid. If you receive such documents, please discard them.
For information on how to recognize and avoid scams, please visit the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre