Canadian Western Bank is proud to offer the Community Banking Program to eligible not-for-profit organizations. Let us help minimize the resources you spend on managing your money so you can focus on achieving your vision. Once approved, your organization will receive an annual donation equivalent to all or a portion of your monthly fees1, as well as value-added product bundling options.
Wondering if your organization is eligible? If you pay over $50 annually in fees and meet at least one of the following criteria – you qualify!
- Your organization’s work is in one of the areas our giving is focused on and complies with our funding guidelines.
- Canadian Western Bank Group employees are actively involved with your organization by volunteering for at least 36 hours per year.
If this sounds like your organization, let’s get to work. Here’s how it works:
- Apply by filling out CWB Group’s funding application, selecting that you are applying for the Community Banking Program.
- You will need your charitable registration number (if applicable), estimated annual account fees and current banking information on hand to complete the application, which should take 10 – 15 minutes.
- Already have an Organization Account with CWB? Have your account number ready.
- CWB Group’s Community Investment team will review your application and respond within 10 business days.
- Meet with a CWB account manager to open an Organization Account and select any other products you need. Organizations in the Community Banking Program receive a number of value-added product bundling options to help them be more efficient:
- CWBdirect Business Online Banking or CWBdirect to manage your account anytime from anywhere at no extra cost (set-up fees may apply)
- No annual fee on your CWB Business Visa® Gold Card.2
- Set-up fees waived for Customer Automated Funds Transfer (CAFT) services, which assist in sending and receiving electronic payments
- Night and day depository services and Coverdraft included at no extra cost
- If approved for the program, your organization will receive a donation equal to your eligible monthly fees in June of each year for a period of three years, based on the tiers below. Your annual fees for the given year must exceed $50 to receive the donation. You can re-apply for the Community Banking Program every three years.
| Total annual fees
| $50 or less
||Not eligible for the Community Banking Program
| $50.01 - $1000
||100% of annual transaction fees
| $1000.01 - $5000
||100% of transaction fees under $1000 and 50% of fees over $1000, up to a maximum of $5000
1Regular monthly fees include all regular transaction service fees incurred in an Organization Account. Regular monthly fees do not include sundry fees or fees incurred in a Business Savings Account or US Dollar Business Account. For more information, review the Business Banking Charges Guide.
2Subject to approval, up to 5 cards. A credit authorization fee of the greater of $100 or the applicable rate in Canadian Western Bank’s Lending Policy and Guidelines Manual will be charged annually. For full details on the CWB Business Visa, review the Cardholder Agreement.