INTERAC® e-Transfer allows you to send and receive money securely between you and any individual with an email address or mobile phone number and a bank account in Canada. No bank account details are ever sent and all information remains private and secure. Canadian Western Bank and your recipient’s financial institution transfer funds using established and secure banking procedures.
How does it work?
Once you are logged into CWBdirect® Internet or Mobile Banking, you will be asked to click on the transfer tab and fill out the required information. You will be prompted to choose a security question and answer that is only known by you and your recipient. The recipient will then receive an email and/or text message notifying them they have an e-Transfer. The notification will include everything they need to make the deposit through their bank’s online or mobile banking.
- Send and receive money online using your existing bank account
- Your money can be accessed immediately after the transfer is accepted
- The security question protects your transfer from being deposited by unintended recipients
- No need to set up new accounts, user IDs or passwords — you automatically have access through online and mobile banking
- An email and/or text message carries the notification within minutes, saving you the time and cost of buying stamps or finding a mailbox
Tracking your transfer
As a sender - INTERAC e-Transfer confirmation numbers are saved in your CWBdirect online banking history. In addition, you will receive an email notification and/or text message once the intended recipient has accepted the transfer.
Click here for more information on INTERAC e-Transfer.
®Trademark of INTERAC Inc. Used under license.