Creating a more secure account
A secure password will help protect your CWB account. Below are a few tips for creating a strong password and keeping it secure.
Creating your password:
- Create your password using 8 characters or more. Your new password must contain one uppercase, one lower case, one numeric and one special character ([email protected]#$%*).
- Make your password unique. Use a different password for each of your important accounts.
- Long passwords are the strongest. Passwords over 20 characters are the gold standard and offer the most protection. Try using a passphrase that is easy to remember, such as a series of words that are memorable to you, a combination of random words.
- Avoid using personal information in your password, such as important dates, initials, names of your children or pets and street addresses.
- Avoid using common words and patterns, such as “password” or sequences like “123”.
Keep your passwords secure:
- Change passwords regularly.
- Use a password manager such as 1password.com or lastpass.com.