Canadian Western Bank Client Survey Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Contest Period: The Contest is one time draw and starts on January 30th, 2023, at 12:00 a.m. MST and ends on March 24, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. MST (the "Contest Period"). The winners will be randomly selected on April 3, 2023 and will be contacted within 1 week.
2. Eligibility: No purchase is required. To enter and be eligible to win a prize, you must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who has reached the legal age of majority in your province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Any person who, at any time on or after October 2, 2018, was or is a director, officer, agent, representative, or employee of Canadian Western Bank (“CWB” or “Sponsor”) or any of its affiliates (collectively, “CWB Financial Group”), along with any immediate family members of persons in the preceding category (defined as (biological or step-) mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, or dependent or spouse of any of the foregoing), regardless of where they live, or who reside in the same household (i.e., live in the same household for at least 3 of the 12 months preceding the start of the Contest Period, whether related or not), are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize.
Entrants are restricted to one (1) entry (via survey completions or mail-in entries without purchase) per person. Any excess entries will be invalid for purposes of the Contest draw.
3. Agreement to Be Legally Bound by Rules: By participating in this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”).
4. Prize: Two (2) $400 Visa gift cards will be awarded for the business client survey and two (2) $400 Visa gift cards for the personal client survey during the Contest Period (once confirmed, “Winner”). The prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted by the winner for cash or otherwise and must be accepted as awarded. Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or value in the event of unavailability of all or part of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
The Winner acknowledges that Sponsor has not made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prizes, if any, including but not limited to their quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are subject to the respective manufacturers' terms therefore, and Winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
All federal, provincial and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the Winner’s responsibility, regardless of whether a prize is used in whole or in part. All prize details are at the Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion.
5. How to Enter: To enter, you must complete the survey you receive from Insights Matter on behalf of Sponsor, OR (ii) by mailing an entry to Sponsor. The entrants participating via completion of the survey must clearly and fully complete the survey with all requested information, including indicating they wish to be entered into this Contest. All surveys and information become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
To enter without fully completing the on-line survey, an entrant may hand print their name, address, email address, postal code, and phone number on a plain 3″ x 5″ piece of paper and sign it. Place the entry form in an envelope and mail it with sufficient postage to Attn: [Merridy Mitchell at Suite 3000, 10303 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton AB T5J3X6]. Entries must be postmarked no later than March 29, 2023 and must be received no later than April 2, 2023. Limit of one (1) entry per envelope with sufficient postage.
6. Chances of Winning: On April 3, 2023, two (2) winners will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries received for the business client survey and two (2) winners will be randomly drawn from all eligible entries received for the personal client survey respectively. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The selected winner will be subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules.
Those who choose to forgo the survey and mail in their entry stand the same chance of winning the Prize as those who fully complete the online survey. NEITHER METHOD OF ENTRY WILL INCREASE OR DIMINISH OR OTHERWISE IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING IN THIS CONTEST.
7. The Prize Draw: On or before April 3, 2023, Sponsor will conduct a random draw of all survey entrants who completed the survey and asked to be entered into the draw and two (2) winning entries will be chosen for each of the business client survey and the personal client survey. Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential prize winners by telephone or email. If the selected entrant cannot be reached within three business days after the date of the draw or after three attempts to contact, whichever comes first, the selected entrant will no longer be eligible to win the prize and Sponsor shall have the right to choose another entrant from the remaining eligible entries. This process shall continue until a prize winner is selected. The potential prize winners must correctly answer unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by phone or in writing in order for the prize to be awarded.
The potential Prize winner must sign a declaration and release form confirming compliance with these contest rules, confirming acceptance of the price as awarded and discharging and releasing Sponsor and its officers, directors, shareholders and employees from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or relating to participation in this Contest or acceptance, use, misuse or nonuse of the prize. The Declaration and Release Form must be signed and returned to Sponsor within 14 days of receipt. If the Declaration and Release Form is not returned within 14 days of receipt, the potential winner will be disqualified.
8. Survey Reports. By conducting the survey, Sponsor is looking to understand satisfaction of clients with Sponsor’s products & services. Sponsor will use an entrant’s survey responses (which may include information such as an entrant’s name, age, ethnicity, gender, e-mail, address, etc. collectively “Personal Information”) and the survey responses of other entrants (“Survey Responses”), in the aggregate and anonymized, to author and publish articles (online, print, or other media), generate reports or promotional or marketing materials or other records or documents recording, describing or summarizing the Survey Responses and any insights or opinions or conclusions Sponsor may derive from the same (“Survey Reports”). Some Survey Reports will be internal to Sponsor (“Internal Reports”) and are not intended for public disclosure. Other Survey Reports may be published generally or may be provided by Sponsor to specific other persons, including but not limited to, , business partners, Sponsor’s related entities, or clients of Sponsor (“External Reports”). Sponsor will use commercially reasonable efforts to not include any Personal Information in any Internal or External Report which could reasonably be expected to identify an entrant. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an entrant’s survey responses for any Survey Reports.
By providing a Survey Response, you, as an entrant, grant to Sponsor an irrevocable, unlimited, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), transferable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license to use, copy, distribute, publish, modify, make derivative works from, and disclose the information and any other content in the Survey Response, in any online, print or other media, now known or hereafter devised, without notice, review or approval, for the purposes and purpose noted these Rules, and you hereby waive all related moral rights. All of the license rights so granted to Sponsor are subject to Sponsor's compliance with its obligations in these Rules. Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be required to compensate them, notify them, or request any further permission in connection with Sponsor’s use of any Survey Responses, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
9. General Conditions: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse an Entry from any person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. In its sole and absolute determination, the Sponsor may disqualify any person (and to void all associated Entries) if such person acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or to attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by tampering, cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE (AND AGREE TO CONFIRM IN WRITING) THAT SPONSOR, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES OF SPONSOR, AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM A PRIZE, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE, OR THE MERCHANDISE FOR WHICH IT IS REDEEMED (IF APPLICABLE). FURTHER, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT RELEASED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM: A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE, OR B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, cancel, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure, accident, printing or administrative error, or for any other reason whatsoever. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select the Winners from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to time of such cancellation. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in these Rules.