Creating a more secure account
A secure password will help protect your CWB account. To update your password, login to your account, visit Profiles and Preferences and select Change Password.
Business owners - signers must be the first to update the account password
Account signers must change the account password before a delegate. If a delegate changes the password before the signer, account settings will change and require further CWB assistance. For more information, contact your branch.
If a delegate requires a password reset, contact the signer for help before reaching out to a branch.
Tips for creating your password:
- Create your password using 8 characters or more. Your new password must contain one uppercase, one lower case, one numeric and one special character ([email protected]#$%*).
- Make your password unique. Use a different password for each of your important accounts.
- Long passwords are the strongest. Passwords over 20 characters are the gold standard and offer the most protection. Try using a passphrase that is easy to remember, such as a series of words that are memorable to you, a combination of random words.
- Avoid using personal information in your password, such as important dates, initials, names of your children or pets and street addresses.
- Avoid using common words and patterns, such as “password” or sequences like “123”.
How to keep your passwords secure:
- Change passwords regularly.
- Use a password manager such as 1password.com or lastpass.com.
- Set up notifications to notify you if someone sends an e-transfer or logs into your online account.