Creating a more secure account
A secure password will help protect your CWB account. All passwords must meet the criteria for a strong password by April 30, 2020, at which point the system will prompt you.
To update your password, login to your account, visit Profiles and Preferences and select Change Personal Access Code.
Business owners - signers must be the first to update the account password
Account signers must change the account password before a delegate. If a delegate changes the password before the signer, account settings will change and require further CWB assistance. For more information, contact your branch.
Tips for creating your password:
- Create your password using 8 characters or more. Your new password must contain one uppercase, one lower case, one numeric and one special character ([email protected]#$%*).
- Make your password unique. Use a different password for each of your important accounts.
- Long passwords are the strongest. Passwords over 20 characters are the gold standard and offer the most protection. Try using a passphrase that is easy to remember, such as a series of words that are memorable to you, a combination of random words.
- Avoid using personal information in your password, such as important dates, initials, names of your children or pets and street addresses.
- Avoid using common words and patterns, such as “password” or sequences like “123”.
How to keep your passwords secure:
- Change passwords regularly.
- Use a password manager such as 1password.com or lastpass.com.